Losing sleep could kill brain cells
According to better health Vic:
Reducing anxiety and sticking to a day–night routine can improve sleep quality. Suggestions include:
- Don’t nap during the day.
- Cut down on smoking and drinking.
- Avoid tea, coffee and other caffeinated drinks before bed.
- Don’t exercise strenuously before bedtime.
- Do something to relax, such as meditate or have a warm bath.
- Only go to bed if you feel sleepy.
- Go to bed later.
- Stop reading, worrying or watching television in bed and limit your activities in the bedroom to sleeping and sex.
- If you can’t sleep, get up, go to another room and do something else until you feel sleepy again.
- Get up at the same time every morning regardless of how much sleep you have had.
- Avoid ‘judging’ your sleep on a day-to-day basis.
You could also try several cups of agarwood tea before bed as a natural remedy, agarwood leaves would calm and detoxify your body.