- Agarwood Related Articles
- SHOP - Agarwood
- SHOP - Other Fragrant Wood
- About Us
- Contact Us
by Liliane Vuong June 05, 2016 2 min read
Recently we received a lot of similar questions about our pricing. First of all, thank you for asking we will try to explain it as below:
1) In Australia, when you try to get agarwood products, especially chips, you need to apply for CITES permit which attracts a fee and 5 weeks circa to finalise the application. In short, you need to pay for CITES import and export.
2) How much does it cost to repair a leak, or even to detect a leak? Well, if you google "leak detector" the price is around $250 for an hour work. What about a lawyer? Consultation fee for an hour, again somewhere between $200 and $400 depending on the level of expertise, a graduate or a senior professional. Even a plumber, to repair a broken mirror, would cost around $70 although the material, mirror, is only $19. What about a business coach or a marketing guru?, somewhere between $60 to $120 per hour.
My point is you are going through (a) specialist(s), they all have their fee.
3) It took a significant of time to produce agarwood products, plus extra cost for agarwood hunters (wild products) who need to live too. So please, "cheaper brother, sister", "cheaper please" is not going to work. Well, yes we are happy to negotiate but to a limit and depend on the quantity you are buying. We do not multiple our price for 3 times or 4 as it would be unrealistic and the cost would not be affordable for our customers. Again, we need to live too.
4) Why eBay or Aliexpress sells half at your price? I can find something similar for cheaper price?
Please, if you can find those price, good on you, purchase it, by all mean. Just to let you know, if it is too good to be true, then it is. Try and compare if they are "real stuff". Agarwood oil is not like other essential oil which could be produced in mass in a short period of time. Research yourself, have you found any multi-level marketing essential oil groups offer agarwood or oud oil? Probably not as it is costly to have multi-level of pricing.
5) I want some samples, can you send me some?
Yes sure, we do have sample kit for oil for our cultivated products, and yes it is sample but we DO have to post them and postage is NOT for free. In the past, we offered at no cost for someone lives in Brisbane area.
Please imagine, if there are 80 customers ask for sample for free, postage is $2 for standard posting in Australia and $7.5 for International letter rate, the cost would not be low.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
by Liliane and Trent Tran July 24, 2021 4 min readRead More
by Trent Tran July 03, 2021 4 min readRead More