We have been asked about this by our Asian customers and honestly there is no black and white answer. The only we could provide is our opinion only. What could be certain are those 5 elements in feng shui
- Wood: Agarwood is formed in wounded Aquilaria tree, and tree is wood basically
- Fire: To distill Agarwood (Oud) Oil, agarwood will be ground into powder. Soak in Water for several days before "cooking" in apparatus. Traditionally we are still using fire to re-use those white wood.
- Earth: Without earth, Aquilaria could not be grown.
- Water: It is mandatory as without water, it is not possible to extract the resin out of agarwood or turn it into liquid Gold. There are two main methods: Hydro distillation (Water distiilation) or Steam Distillation.
- Metal: Oud Oil is known as "Liquid Gold". Why is that? Even as cultivated form, 1 litre of Oud Oil varies between $9000 USD to $15,000 USD. With aged wild agarwood oil, it is $40,000 USD or more with is similar to 1 kg of solid gold price. In Chinese, Agarwood is known as Diamond Wood
If you have more feedback, please let us know as otherwise, we will seek assistance from some Master of Feng Shui.