- Agarwood Related Articles
- SHOP - Agarwood
- SHOP - Other Fragrant Wood
- SHOP - Incense Holder and Burner
- About Us
- Contact Us
Dear tree-resin lovers
You love incense and tree resin. So you get yourself a burner to heat them up
For a simple reason:
To enjoy the aroma
Probably, you have already used incense ash (rice ash) to stabilise the heat and keep it at the right temperature.
You use incense ash because of its benefit: your resin/ incense will be at the right temperature so you rarely experience burning smell.
But at the same time, you realise there are some challenges
1) Every time you burn resin, incense or agarwood chips, you find it takes 5 to 10 minutes to get ready.
2) It can get messy. Especially when you breathe directly to the ash by accident. To clean up is not a small job.
3) And after a while, the white ash will turn brown and, you would like to change it.
To sum up, you think there is too much work involved but you love burning incense at the right temperature without the burnt notes.
So you may be wondering:
Well, I have good news for you: Yes, you can.
Introduce to you, the portable wood chip heater from Shoyeido with a unique feature
The "heat dissipation" net will transfer the heat from the charcoal to the incense without "combusting" incense.
The heat is just enough to release the aroma of incense NOT burning it
This item includes:
How to use
no good for agar wood chips
The postage is fast. The heater is beautifully presented but I find it doesn't get hot enough for sandalwood chips, will trial the complimentary agarwood oud chip later. I also found the miyako incense charcoal has slight incense smell when burning.
I bought this to simmer agarwood chips. Honestly it does not get hot enough to bubble the resin.